Endives with Ibérico ham and cream cheese
- 4 endives
- 8 slices of Pata Negra Ibérico Ham
- 3.5 oz of sweet Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 Table spoons of heavy cream
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Oregano or Thyme
How to prepare
- Inspect and discard any bruised endive’s or wilted outer leaves, and then cut off a thin slice from the root end to remove the usually discolored surface portion of the stem.
- Rinse the endives under cold running water and then shake off the moisture.
- Boil the endives for 15 minutes and then allow them cool down by placing them in a paper towel.
- While the endives are cooling down, put the Gorgonzola cheese and the heavy cream in a heated pan. When you notice that they start to boil, lower the heat and leave on the stove for 5 minutes, stirring every once in a while until it is completely mixed.
- Cut each endive in four-pieces lengthwise and place them in a heated pan with olive oil until they are lightly brown.
- Wrap each endive with the Ibérico Ham and place in the serving plate.
- Mix some oregano and/or thyme with 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pour it over the endives.
- Add some salt to taste and finish by placing the Gorgonzola cheese over the top.
‣ For the best Jamon 100% Iberico de Bellota in the USA, visit us here.
‣ For the best delicacies from Spain in the USA visit us at IbericoClub.com
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!
Show us your ♥