Pumpkin soup with Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and Croutons
- 1 Medium sized pumpkin
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Leak
- 2 Tbs of cream cheese
- 2 Tbs of heavy cream
- 2 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices of Jamón Ibérico
How to prepare
- First, cut the pumpkin in two and take out the seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 330F, then place the two pumpkin halves upside down and roast them in the oven for 60 minutes at 330F degrees.
- Once the time has lapsed, take the pumpkin halves out of the oven and separate the skin from the flesh of the pumpkin. (save the skin for later)
- Now place the vegetable broth and olive oil in a pot with the pumpkin flesh, the potatoes and the leak, and bring them to a boil.
- Add salt to taste, then bring down the heat and let it cook for another 20 minutes.
- Now that it has cooked for an additional 20 minutes, place the cooked vegetables in a food processor, add the cream cheese, the heavy cream, part of the broth and blend until the texture is creamy (add more broth if needed).
- Serve in a normal bowl or get fancy and use small pumpkins to serve the soup.
- Finally put the slices of the best ham on earth (Jamon Iberico de Bellota), and some croutons.
You are now ready to enjoy Pumpkin soup with Jamón Ibérico and Croutons!
‣ For the best Jamon 100% Iberico de Bellota in the USA, visit us here.
‣ For the best delicacies from Spain in the USA visit us at IbericoClub.com
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!
Show us your ♥