This is an easy, but exquisite Jamón Pata Negra Toast recipe that will have you wanting more!
The jamón here is the key, as it makes a huge difference in the way it melts and grips to the asparagus.
- A loaf of white bread
- Fresh green asparagus
- Fresh tomato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Jamon 100% Iberico de Bellota
How to prepare
- Begin by grilling the bread and then rubbing a ripe tomato on the vine onto it (the bread), then add a pinch of salt and a hint of extra virgin olive oil.
- Carve some thin slices of the finest ham in the world (Pata Negra), and place them over the tomato rubbed slice of bread. (or get the pre-sliced iberico ham here)
- Steam the asparagus for 3 minutes until you can see the visible grill marks on it.
- Once the asparagus is done, take it out and carefully place it on top of the jamon, which should already be on top of the tomato rubbed bread.
- Allow the Iberico ham to bind a little to the hot asparagus, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.
- Enjoy your delicious Grilled Asparagus and Jamon Ibérico de Bellota Toast Recipe!
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!