Melon With Jamón Ibérico De Bellota
Video recipe of the most refreshing and classical tapa in Spain: “Melón con Jamón“.
As you can imagine, the two keys to this simple and delicious Spanish tapa are:
1.- Find your favorite melon at it’s peak. It has to be sweet, fresh, and silky. There are many different types of melons available. Two of the most colorful are Cantalupe and Honeydew. Our personal favorite is one called Piel de Sapo (also called Santa Claus or Christmas melon), very common in Spain.
2.- Use the finest Jamón Ibérico available, which is Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota “Pata Negra”
Brought to you by Tapas Academy from Ibérico Club
- Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota "Pata Negra"
- 2 fresh melons (Piel de sapo, Canteloupe, Honeydew...)
How to prepare
- Slice the melons into small wedges.
- Take out the skin and the seeds.
- Place the wedges in a serving plate.
- Top the melon with hand carved slices of the best Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota "Pata Negra" available.