Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota With Poached Egg Toast
This is one of those tapas that will leave no one indifferent. You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Any time of the day is perfect to savor a good poached egg with the finest cured meat on earth.
It’s very important that the poached egg has a soft consistency and the yolk has a nice, soft golden lava flow. The trick here is not to boil the water but let it with a slight simmer during the 3 short minutes the egg needs to poach.
A good fresh white bread is important, but the key to the perfect tapa is to use the finest cured meat on earth to top it: Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota.
Brought to you by Tapas Academy from Ibérico Club.
- Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota
- Loaf of white ciabatta bread
- Fresh egg
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
How to prepare
- Fill a deep pan with water and heat it until slightly simmering.
- With a spoon swirl the water to create a circular flow and carefully introduce a fresh egg in the center of the pan.
- Cover the pan and wait for 3 minutes at medium heat. Make sure the water doesn't boil so the egg doesn't break.
- Grill a slice of bread with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Put some slices of the best Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota.
- Top the toast with the poached egg
- Add some extra virgin olive oil, some salt and pepper. Enjoy!