Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5 2018. Ribera del Duero
AS SEEN ON INSTAGRAM
DescriptionValbuena 5º is the purest expression of red wine at Vega Sicilia. It is aged between barrel and bottle over five years, giving rise to the wine's name. The Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5 2018 boasts an impressive 96 points from the esteemed wine critic Robert Parker, a recognition of its outstanding quality and character.
Embark on an extraordinary wine journey with the Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5 2018, an exceptional red wine from the iconic Vega Sicilia estate, a beacon of excellence in Spain’s Ribera del Duero region. The Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5 2018 boasts an impressive 96 points from the esteemed wine critic Robert Parker, a recognition of its outstanding quality and character.
This 2018 vintage is a testament to the estate’s mastery in crafting world-class wines, blending predominantly Tempranillo with a touch of Merlot. The wine’s name, “Valbuena 5,” signifies the five years of meticulous aging it undergoes, with a combination of time in oak barrels and in the bottle, to achieve unparalleled depth and complexity.
Perfect for special occasions or as a distinguished addition to any wine collection, the Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5 2018 pairs exquisitely with a range of gourmet dishes, including roasted meats, rich stews, and aged cheeses. Its accolade from Robert Parker further elevates its status as a wine of extraordinary caliber.
This vintage not only reflects the heritage and craftsmanship of Vega Sicilia but also stands as a shining example of the heights that Ribera del Duero wines can achieve. The Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5 2018 is more than a wine; it is an experience, offering a glimpse into the soul of one of Spain’s most revered wine estates.
- Region: Ribera del Duero, Spain
- Varietal: Tempranillo
- Producer: Tempos Vega Sicilia
- Tasting Notes: In the glass, the wine displays a deep, rich ruby color, hinting at the opulence that awaits. The nose is a captivating array of aromas, with layers of ripe dark fruits, such as blackberries and plums, elegantly intertwined with notes of tobacco, leather, and dark chocolate, all beautifully enhanced by the subtle influence of oak. On the palate, this wine is a masterpiece of balance and elegance. The flavors are rich and concentrated, mirroring the complexity of the nose with additional nuances of spices, vanilla, and a hint of minerality. The tannins are velvety and well-integrated, supporting a full-bodied structure and leading to a long, memorable finish.
- Professional Ratings: 96 Robert Parker, 96 James Suckling, 94 Wine Enthusiast.
- Pairings: Whole Jamón Ibérico de Bellota “Pata Negra”, Manchego Gran Reserva Cheese, Majorero Goat Cheese, Piquillo Peppers, Sliced Jamón Pata Negra, Lomo Ibérico de Bellota, Chorizo Ibérico de Bellota, Salchichón Ibérico de Bellota.
Live Help Chat
Got any questions? Let us help →