7 Tips on how to prepare a plate of Pata Negra like a Pro!
When putting the slices of the Iberico ham in a plate, there are several factors that make the difference:
1. First, to enjoy the fullest flavors and aromas of an authentic Acorn-fed Ibérico Ham (jamon Iberico de Bellota), it’s crucial to have it at room temperature, which is around 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit (21-24 degrees Celsius), this is the ideal temperature for the ham.
If for any reason you can’t get the ham to that temperature, you can heat an empty plate ever so slightly to then place the slices of ham on the warm plate (not hot, just slightly warm); doing this, you will see how the healthy acorn based fat (white part) starts to turn transparent and melts, giving the ham its unique flavor and aroma!
2. All the slices on the plate have to be as uniform as possible.
3. The slices should be between 1.5 and 2.5 inches long. This is the perfect size to introduce the slice in your mouth and place on the palate to begin the tasting. We call it “bite-size slices.”
4. In terms of the thickness of the slices, the thinner the slices, the better. This is very important, so that the fat (white part) of the slices will melt in contact with the palate.
5. Do not over manipulate the slices while carving and placing on the plate, as the goal is to maintain intact its aroma, flavor and pureness.
6. The best way to plate the slices in the plate is placing a single layer of ham; the slices should slightly overlap starting from the outside of the plate towards the center. The fat of the slice will face the inside of the plate.
7. Professionals prefer to use a simple white and round plate.
For the best Jamon 100% Iberico de Bellota in the USA, visit us here.
For the best delicacies from Spain in the USA visit us at IbericoClub.com